Pan-Roasted Mushrooms With Gorgonzola & Spinach
- 24 Sesame Crisps
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1-1/2 lbs. assorted mushrooms, such as white button, cremini, chanterelle, shiItake, etc., washed and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp. fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly-ground pepper
- 4 oz. Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 24 leaves baby spinach, washed and dried
In a large sauté pan over medium heat, warm the butter until foamy but not browned. Add the sliced mushrooms and stir gently to coat with butter. Let mushrooms cook undisturbed for about five minutes, then add garlic and season lightly with salt and pepper. Mushrooms will start to give off their liquid; cook mushrooms until liquid has evaporated and mushrooms are browning nicely. Taste again for seasoning and texture; mushrooms should be tender but not mushy. Add salt and pepper as necessary and finish with fresh parsley.
This is a perfect recipe for mushroom lovers. The earthy, herbed mushrooms compliment Gorgonzola — the equally amazing Roquefort and Stilton round out the definitive top three grouping of famous blues and any would work wonders here.