Mediterranean White Bean Spread
- 24 Rosemary Crisps
- 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano (or 1 tsp. dried)
- Kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Hot sauce (optional)
Place the beans, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice in the work bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth, then add the herbs and process again briefly. Taste for seasoning and add salt, pepper and hot sauce as needed. Serve at room temperature.
This exquisite dip, rich in Mediterranean flavors, beautifully complements the herbiness of the Rosemary Crisps. Light and healthy, it would make a terrific sandwich spread or a great dip for raw vegetables. Garlic can be quite a strong flavor but is oh-so-good for your immune system. Keep in mind that raw garlic will actually intensify as this dip sits, so better to add too little than too much.