Herbed Greek Yogurt Dip With Fresh Vegetables
- 1 Box Whole Grain Crisps
- 12 oz plain Greek yogurt (preferably whole-milk, but low-fat or fat-free will work too)
- 1 handful fresh Italian parsley
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 2 scallions, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Asst. fresh vegetables: cabbage, carrots, peppers, jicama, etc.
Combine all ingredients except crisps and vegetables in food processor bowl. Process gently for about 30 seconds, or until combined but not obliterated. Taste for seasoning; adjust as necessary with salt, pepper, hot sauce and/or lemon juice. Chill for about 30 minutes before serving, if possible. To serve, place crisps on platter. Top each crisp with a little pile of fresh veggies, then finish with a teaspoon of dip. Garnish with additional fresh herbs, if desired. Enjoy immediately.
This dip is a great healthy alternative to sour cream based ranch dips. Try it as a sandwich or wrap spread too!