Brie & Cranberry Relish
- 34 Degrees Cracked Pepper Crisps
- 1/2 bag fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar (or to taste)
- Zest and juice from one orange
- 4 oz. artisanal Brie or Camembert, at room temperature
- Freshly-ground black pepper
In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, orange juice and sugar. Cook over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes, until cranberries pop and soften and mixture is thick and reduced. Taste and add sugar and/or citrus as desired. Slice the Brie into twenty-four thin slices, about 1-inch by 1-inch. Arrange crisps on a serving platter. Place one Brie slice on each crisp, then top with a tiny spoonful of cranberry relish. Remember that the cranberry relish is bold, and you don’t want to overwhelm the cheese! Finish with a sprinkle of orange zest and a few grinds of cracked fresh pepper. Proceed to wow your guests with your elegant appetizer!